Das ist das klare Erebnis der juengsten Umfrage des Palestinian Center for Public Opinion
- The Peace Negotiations(62.3%) of the Palestinian public oppose going back to the peace talks between the Palestinians and the Israelis under the prevailing conditions, whilst only (22.3%) of the respondents support that and (15.4%) declined to answer the corresponding question.
- The Palestinian Uprising (Intifada)Responding to the question:”According to your opinion, is what happening now in the West Bank and East Jerusalem are fleeting confrontations, a popular stir or a third Intifada ?”,(14.8%) said:”These are fleeting confrontations”, (49.4%) said:”a popular stir as an onset of a third Intifada”, (32.2%) said:”It’s a third Intifada” and (3.6%) said:”I don’t know”.Nature of the Uprising (Intifada)Regarding the question:”Supposedly, a third uprising (intifada) erupts; would you be in favor of a peaceful popular uprising (intifada) or in favor of a violent one ?”, (29.9%) of the respondents said:”in favor of a peaceful, non-violent, popular uprising”, (42.1%) are “in favor of a violent uprising”, (27.8%) said:”not in favor of either of them”, and (0.2%) answered:”I don’t know”.
Supporting the Intifada
The poll results have revealed that (50.4%) of the Palestinian people support the outbreak of a third intifada, while (35.2%) oppose that and (14.4%) declined to answer the relevant question.
- A Comparison between the Poll Results of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip:
- The rate of the respondents, who opposed the outbreak of a third intifada in Gaza, was (27.4%), while those in the West Bank were at (40.2%). Conversely, the rate of those in favor of an outbreak of a third intifada in Gaza Strip came at (66.2%), against (40.2%) in the West Bank.
- The poll results on the return to the peace negotiations with Israel revealed in Gaza Strip a rate of (37.7%) whilst in the West Bank only (12.3%)
- The rates of the respondents, who aren’t in favor of either a peaceful uprising, or a violent one, were in the West Bank (35.5%) and in Gaza Strip (16.2%).
- The rates of those respondents, who are calling for the resignation of the President, were (55%) in Gaza Strip against (43.1%) in the West Bank.
- Regarding the reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas, (50.2%) in Gaza Strip are pessimistic against (34.5%) in the West Bank.
- And in respect of the statement of President Mahmoud Abbas that the leadership aims to achieve a political solution with peaceful terms, not with something else, the rate of its supporters in Gaza Strip was (39.6%) against (20.4%) in the West Bank.
Die Befragten im Gazastreifen sind sehr fuer eine 3. Intifada, wohl wissend, dass die Gewalt nicht von ihnen, sondern von den Palaestinensern im Westjordanland ausgehen muesste. Und die Folgen dafuer haetten auch ueberwiegend die Zivilisten in der Westbank zu tragen. So machen Aufstaende Spass! Die Bevoelkerung im Westjordanland weiss, dass sie mehr zu verlieren hat und ist daher zurueckhaltender.
Bemerkenswert ist, dass gleichzeitig die Unterstuetzung fuer „Friedensverhandlungen“ im Gazastreifen deutlich hoeher ausfaellt als im Westjordanland. Das macht nur dann Sinn, wenn wir davon ausgehen, dass auch den Palaestinensern klar ist, dass „Friedens“-Verhandlungen ueblicherweise den Auftakt zum naechsten gewaltsamen Konflikt darstellen.